NewsBrands Ireland media planner training webinar in association with IAPI – 29 June
NewsBrands Ireland, the industry body for Ireland’s leading news publishers will give a training webinar designed to give agency planners and advertisers some fresh insights on the value of news publishers both in terms of content creation, audience engagement, and opportunities for brands.
Covid -19 has sharply brought into focus the tremendous value of news publishers. This is an extraordinary time for journalism. It is in times of crisis like the one we live in, that journalism can shine at its best and that its true value can be transparently observed. The recent months have seen Irish news websites recording unprecedented levels of traffic as audiences turned to trusted news providers for information.
Irish news publishers no longer just provide opportunities to advertise through print. They use their trusted audiences and an innate understanding of content in all its forms, to enable new ways for brands to engage. These include everything from audio to video through their content creation studios as well as customised events with access to communities of interest. Collectively, their print and online news content now reaches almost 70% of the population every week according to TGI – reflecting the fact that they are very much are at the heart of Irish society.
Covering everything from the nuts and bolts of planning a campaign utilising news brands’ print and digital platforms, to the latest in international effectiveness research, the webinar will show how brands can tap into the new environments that publishers have created to engage audiences – from digital to content creation and from video to audio.
The webinar will also include case studies of standout campaigns from some of Ireland’s leading news publishers including Independent News & Media, The Business Post, Reach Ireland, and Irish Farmer’s Journal. This should make for an engaging and illuminating training webinar which will enable agency planners to see Irish news publishers in a new light and provoke interesting opportunities for clients.
- The evolution of newspapers to news brands
- Why Journalism Matters to society and advertisers
- The numbers that matter
- The nuts and bolts of planning a news brands campaign
- Latest research
- Case studies from leading news publishers
- Competition – Design your own media plan using news brands platforms and win great prizes!
- Lisa Buckley, Communications and Marketing Manager, NewsBrands Ireland
- Denise Turner, Insight Director with Newsworks, the marketing body for UK national news brands
- Sandra Bothwell, Consumer Advertising Manager, Irish Farmers Journal
- Lorcán Hanlon, Commercial Director, The Business Post
- Alan Curley, Head of Brand Strategy, Reach Ireland