Irish Farmers Journal sweeps the board at 2020 Agri Guild awards
The Irish Farmers Journal was named as the overall winner at the 2020 Guild of Agricultural Journalism Awards on Friday, 18th of December.
The overall prize was awarded to the Irish Farmers Journal for its investigative series on Larry Goodman’s finances. In a three-part series, Agribusiness Editor Lorcan Allen and News Correspondent Hannah Quinn Mulligan examined Goodman’s €4bn empire, with Lorcan travelling to Liechenstein to delve deep into the intricate network of Goodman companies and accounts.
The prestigious awards, hosted by the Guild of Agricultural Journalists, aim to encourage excellence in the reporting of farming, food and rural life on the Island of Ireland. The full list of winners are below.
- Overall winner: The Irish Farmers Journal for its investigative series into Larry Goodman’s finances.
- Best news article: “Over 28,000ac of farmland controlled by vulture funds” – Hannah Quinn-Mulligan, Irish Farmers Journal
- Best feature article: Larry Goodman’s finances – a three-week investigative series –Lorcan Allen and Hannah Quinn-Mulligan, Irish Farmers Journal
- Best technical article: “Natural capital” – Odile Evans, Irish Farmers Journal
- Rising Star: Hannah Quinn-Mulligan, Irish Farmers Journal
- Best visual report: Cashel Mart – Paula Williams & Helen Carroll, Indiepics – Ear to the Ground
- Best audio report: Potato harvest – Fran McNulty, RTÉ
- Best targeted campaign: ABP Angus youth challenge Northern Ireland – MF Communication
- Best COVID reporting: COVID-19 virus knows no borders – Michael Fisher, The Northern Standard
- Best COVID Communications: Certified Irish Angus repositioning campaign in the year of COVID – Gemma Smyth Communications
- Best photograph: Wild Atlantic – Valerie O’Sullivan